The brand new Super Cheap Japan book is the ultimate budget travel guide to Japan, full of the most useful, up-to-date information for a cheap holiday in Japan. With extensive tax-free shopping, crazily discounted train passes and an unbelievable exchange rate, there has never been a better time to visit. Unlike other guides, this book shows you exactly how, where and when you can save money. Go shopping for $4 clothes in Tokyo, enjoy inexpensive hikes in Nikko, or visit Kyoto’s beautiful shrines and gardens on the cheap; all with this super helpful guide.
Keep up to date on the book launch!
Inside the Super Cheap Japan guide book:
- Budget food – eat for only a few dollars with comprehensive listings of low-cost restaurants, takeouts, supermarkets and more.
- Budget shopping – 100 yen ($1) shops, free sample hotspots, tax-free shopping, discount passes and coupons
- Highlights and itineraries based on discount train or bus passes, so you can keep your wallet happy while still having an amazing holiday
- Hidden treasures – walking and cycling routes to cut down on train fares, cheap side trips and free alternatives to crowded, overpriced spots
- Color maps for budget travelers, making it super easy to get around
- Train and bus passes – local, regional and national passes, and info on how to use them for additional savings at tourist hotspot
- Essential help for budget travelers – expert travel tips, free tours, simple to understand directions, translations for places that don’t have English support
- Cheap accommodation – the best and cheapest capsule hotels, net cafes, overnight spas, hostels, campsites and more
- Covers Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Hiroshima, Mt Fuji, Miyajima, Himeji Castle, Kobe, Yokohama, Kamakura, Nikko, Hakone, Kansai, Kanto, as well as great off-the-beaten-track places nearby.
This book is perfect for backpackers, budget travelers, families on a tight budget, students and those who are new to Japan. Get the most out of this amazing country, without burning a hole in your wallet!
Super Cheap Japan has been featured on….
About the author
Super Cheap Japan was written by Matthew Baxter, a travel author living in Tokyo, the heart of Japan. Having traveled across the country for several years, without much money, he has built up an extensive knowledge of budget travel in the Land of the Rising Sun. He now writes professionally for several websites and publications, such as the Japan National Tourist Association, Japan Visitor and All About Japan.
If you are looking to post a review or would like to interview with me about the book, please contact me and I’ll be in touch!