Super Cheap Tokyo: The Ultimate Budget Travel Guide to Tokyo and the Kanto Region
Super Cheap Tokyo is all you’ll need for a budget holiday in Tokyo or the surrounding Kanto region. With a large choice of discount passes, tax-free shopping and an unbelievable exchange rate, now is the time to come! Unlike other Tokyo guides, this book shows you exactly how, where and when you can save money. Grab a traditional Japanese meal for $3, buy clothes in fashion mecca Harajuku for under $10, spend next to nothing on a day’s hiking or relax in a free Japanese garden; it’s all here in this easy-to-use travel guide.
Inside the Super Cheap Tokyo guide book:
- Budget food – comprehensive listings of low-cost restaurants, take-outs, supermarkets, so you’ll never be lost for a cheap meal
- Budget shopping – 100 yen ($1) shops, free sample hotspots, how and where to go tax-free shopping, all the best attraction discounts and freebies
- Color maps for budget travelers, making it easy and stress-free to get around
- Highlights and itineraries based on discount subway and train passes, so you can keep costs down while exploring all across the region
- Tokyo’s hidden treasures – walking routes via historic neighborhoods to cut down on train fares, inexpensive side trips and free alternatives to busy, overpriced spots
- Essential help for budget travelers – free tours, simple to understand directions, simplified transportation maps, translations for places that don’t have English support and basic Japanese phrases to help you get better prices on your trip
- Cheap accommodation – the best and cheapest hostels, family-friendly hotels, capsule hotels, net cafes, overnight spas, campsites and more
- Guides to central Tokyo and the Imperial Palace, Harajuku, Shibuya, Akihabara, Asakusa, the Skytree, Odaiba, Shinjuku, Shin-Okubo, Ueno, Mount Fuji, Kamakura, Yokohama, Nikko, Hakone, Mount Takao, Mount Mitake, as well as many other highlights and off-the-beaten-track spots nearby
Based on the top-selling Super Cheap Japan guidebook, this book is perfect for backpackers, budget travelers, families on a tight budget, students and those who are new to Tokyo. You’ll have an amazing time, without blowing all your money away!
Super Cheap Japan has been featured on….
About the author
Super Cheap Tokyo was written by Matthew Baxter, a travel author living in Tokyo, the heart of Japan. Having traveled across the country for several years, without much money, he has built up an extensive knowledge of budget travel in the Land of the Rising Sun. He now writes professionally for several websites and publications, such as the Japan National Tourist Association, Japan Visitor and All About Japan.
Sell the book
Find out how you can make money selling the book here.
If you are looking to post a review or would like to interview with me about the book, please contact me and I’ll be in touch! Free copies can be sent to reviewers.
Featured in the book? Please add a badge to your site or print out a poster or card to put up on your wall!