Super Cheap Hokkaido: The Ultimate Budget Travel Guide to Sapporo and the Hokkaido Prefecture
Super Cheap Hokkaido is the perfect companion for a budget holiday to Sapporo and the surrounding Hokkaido prefecture. A follow-up to the bestselling Super Cheap Japan guidebook, this book will show you exactly how, where and when you can save money on your trip. Spend next to nothing drinking local beer in Sapporo, relax in free hot springs, spend a cheap day’s hiking in the mountains or stuff yourself on inexpensive, yet super fresh sushi and sashimi; it’s all here in this amazing travel guide.
Purchase from my official store and get 5% off the paperback (USA/Canada only):
Inside the Super Cheap Hokkaido travel guide:
- Budget food – comprehensive listings of low-cost restaurants, take-outs, cheap roadside stations and supermarkets, so you’ll always be able to eat on the cheap
- Budget shopping – 100 yen ($1) shops, how and where to go tax-free shopping, all the best attraction discounts and free sample hotspots
- Color maps for budget travelers, making it easy and stress-free to get around
- Highlights and itineraries for those with a rental car or people using discount train passes, so you can keep costs down while exploring all across Hokkaido
- Essential help for budget travelers – free tours, simple to understand directions, simplified transportation maps and basic Japanese phrases to help you get better prices on your trip
- Cheap accommodation – the best and cheapest hostels, family-friendly hotels, campsites, mountain lodges, capsule hotels and net cafes
- Guides to Sapporo, Niseko, Furano, Otaru, Biei, Hakodate, Matsumae Castle, the Daisetsuzan National Park, Lake Mashu, Shiretoko National Park, Abashiri and much more
The Super Cheap Hokkaido travel book is perfect for backpackers, budget travelers, families on a tight budget, students and those who are new to Hokkaido. Explore this spectacular island while keeping your bank balance happy!
What readers are saying
“I really recommend this book if you plan to visit to Hokkaido. Particularly for those on a tight budget, as it has many great tips on how to save money when you’re on the go.” – Miyu Shimizu, Amazon JP reviewer
“….the maps are clear and easy to use and the way to navigate the different sections of the book, super straight forward. There is useful advice on when to visit Hokkaido and helpful suggestions for possible itineraries and best apps to use and discount passes and tickets. This book is a must if you want to explore a less well known part of Japan.” – Amazon UK review
“This is the best budget travel guide I’ve found for Hokkaido….full of useful tips on how to make your budget stretch as long as possible.” – Matt E, Amazon reviewer
What the media are saying about the book
“Compact and easy to use with all the information at your fingertips. I like how the book provides a quick guide on how to use it and how to save on your holiday before moving into the travel guide and covering the must see places.” – John Davidson, Japan Australia
“The book makes you want to visit Hokkaido, and that is a good recommendation in itself.” – Japan Visitor
“Written in clear and to the point way, reading this book is like having a helpful personal travel companion….. it’s very easy to read everywhere, anytime.” – Ann, social media influencer at Petite Diaries
Super Cheap Japan has been featured on….
Please only buy authentic books to avoid disappointment. All my books are authored by myself, Matthew Baxter, under the Super Cheap Japan or Super Cheap Guides publisher names.